All clinicians administering vaccines should undertake annual update training. Our annual update has been developed in line with the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners’ – Public Health England.
The initial ‘core modules’ section of this interactive and engaging course explores all of the day to day issues arising from running a vaccination service, followed by individual lessons on each of the vaccine preventable diseases and corresponding vaccines available to School aged children.
Please note: This course does not cover Seasonal Influenza – please purchase our Seasonal Influenza add on course if you would like Seasonal Influenza in addition.
This training is suitable for School Nurses, Immunisation Nurses, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists and any Registered Healthcare Professionals administering vaccines to school aged children.
- Current issues in immunisation
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable disease
- Any changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Update on vaccine ordering, storage and administration
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Review of current practice, recent vaccine incidents and
identification of areas for improvement
- Q&A session for problems encountered in practice
Vaccine Preventable Disease Modules
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) (certain serotypes)
- Meningococcal disease (certain serogroups)