This is virtual 1/2 day Annual Immunisation Update training course with flu, covid-19, and pneumococcal has been developed in line with the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners‘ – PHE.
So who is it suitable for?
Above all, clinicians administering vaccines should undertake annual immunisation training to ensure they stay up to date in their practice. This course is therefore suitable for Occupational Health Clinicians, Immunisation Nurses, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists and any Healthcare Professionals administering vaccines.
So what’s included in this Annual Immunisation Update 1/2 day course?
Firstly, this is an interactive, engaging, and comprehensive virtual 1/2 day course. We have therefore included all of the annual update modules recommended in the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (PHE) document. We have also included modules on the vaccine preventable diseases flu, covid-19 and pneumococcal.
Annual Immunisation Update – Core Modules
- Current issues in immunisation
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable disease
- Any changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Update on vaccine ordering, storage and administration
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Review of current practice, recent vaccine incidents and
identification of areas for improvement
- Q&A session for problems encountered in practice
Vaccine Preventable Disease Modules
Seasonal Influenza 2021:
- Includes All flu vaccines available in the UK
- Introduction to Seasonal Influenza
- The nature of Flu
- The UK Annual Flu Programme 2021/22
- Simple summaries
- Includes all Covid-19 vaccines available in the UK
- Introduction to COVID-19
- The nature of COVID-19
- The UK COVID-19 vaccination programme
- Overview of Pneumococcal disease and vaccines
- Recent changes to Pneumococcal vaccines and UK schedule
So what’s NOT included in this Annual Immunisation Update training course?
Are there any other considerations with immunisation training?