Health Academy are pleased to offer a series of practical face-to-face pharmacy flu training workshops in various locations throughout the country. These workshops will allow pharmacists to be compliant with their 3 yearly practical immunisation update in line with NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I) guidelines.
Who are these face-to-face pharmacy flu training workshops suitable for?
These face-to-face pharmacy flu training workshops are suitable for any experienced immunising pharmacists wishing to update and refresh their immunisation skills. Pharmacist completing the course will also be compliant with their 3 yearly practical immunisation update in line with NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I) guidelines.
So what flu vaccines and modules have we included in the training?
The following topics are included in the session:
- Introduction to Seasonal Influenza
- The UK Annual Flu Programme 2022/23
- Injection technique (IM & SC) practical session
- Basic Life Support practical session
- Management of anaphylaxis and use of adrenaline
- Current issues in immunisation
- Update on vaccine ordering, storage and administration
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Q&A session for problems encountered in practice
We have also include information on the the full set of flu vaccine products available in the UK for the coming flu season:
- Live attenuated influenza vaccine – LAIV
- Quadrivalent inactivated influenza vaccine – QIVe
- Quadrivalent influenza cell cultured vaccine – QIVc
- Adjuvanted quadrivalent influenza vaccine – aQIV
- Recombinant quadrivalent influenza vaccine – QIVr
Also includes Pneumococcal Vaccines and Community Pharmacy Hypertension Case Finding Service online courses for FREE!
How long do the face-to-face pharmacy flu training 2022/23 workshops last?
We have scheduled AM and PM sessions. The sessions will run for 3.5hrs therefore, either starting at 9.00am or 1.30pm depending on which course you select.
Session times are:
- Morning: 9.00 – 12.30
- Afternoon: 13.30 – 17.00
So where are we running the workshops?
28/01/2022 – Hotel Campanile,Trafford Suite, 55 Ordsall Lane, Regent Road, Salford, M5 4RS
18/05/2022 – Hotel Campanile,Trafford Suite, 55 Ordsall Lane, Regent Road, Salford, M5 4RS
20/02/2022 – Holiday Inn Express,, Armouries Drive, Leeds Dock, Leeds, LS10 1LE
01/06/2022 – Holiday Inn Express,, Armouries Drive, Leeds Dock, Leeds, LS10 1LE
25/03/2022 – The Drayton Court Hotel, 2 The Avenue, Ealing, London, W13 8PH
However more dates and locations may be added to programme depending on availability and demand. Please contact us if you have a request for a face-to-face pharmacy flu training 2022/23 workshop in a specific location or within your organisation.