This is the a travel health training course specific to NHS travel vaccines. It includes our Foundations of Immunisation course developed in line with the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners‘ – PHE.
So who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for Occupational Health Clinicians, Immunisation Nurses, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists and any Healthcare Professionals administering vaccines.
This is this an interactive and engaging online course. We have therefore included all of the modules recommended in the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (PHE) document. We also include travel health training and individual lessons on each of the vaccine preventable diseases and corresponding travel vaccines available on the NHS. You can also select the practical video assessment option.
- The aims of immunisation, national vaccine policy and schedules
- The immune response to vaccines and how vaccines work
- The different types of vaccines, their composition and the indications and contraindications
- Current issues in immunisation
- Any changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Communicating with patients, parents and carers about vaccines
- Legal issues in immunisation
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for optimising immunisation uptake
Vaccine Preventable Disease Modules
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Online only with MCQ or
- Additional practical video assessment option
What’s not included?
Please note: This course is for travel health training and does not cover Seasonal Influenza or Covid-19. Therefore please purchase the relevant course packages or add-on courses if you would like these included.
Basic Life support and Anaphylaxis are also available in separate courses.
We also recommend completing a comprehensive Fundamentals of Travel Health course if you are going to be delivering a travel health service. This is in line with Good Practice Guidance for Providing a Travel Health Service (RGPSG, 2020).
Please also note that Public Health England recommend a period of supervised practice in addition to comprehensive training for new immunisers (PHE).
In addition this course requires access to further equipment . Therefore see below for the equipment you will require.