This is the an Immunisation and travel health training course specific to NHS and private travel vaccines. It includes Immunisation foundation training in line with the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners‘ – PHE.
Who is it suitable for?
As with all our travel vaccine courses, this course is suitable for Occupational Health Clinicians, Immunisation Nurses, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists and any Healthcare Professionals administering travel vaccines.
This is this an interactive and engaging online course. It includes all of the modules recommended in the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (PHE) document. It also includes immunisation training with travel vaccines. Individual lessons on each of the vaccine preventable diseases and corresponding travel vaccines available for both NHS and private travel health services.
- The aims of immunisation, national vaccine policy and schedules
- The immune response to vaccines and how vaccines work
- The different types of vaccines, their composition and the indications and contraindications
- Current issues in immunisation
- Any changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Communicating with patients, parents and carers about vaccines
- Legal issues in immunisation
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for optimising immunisation uptake
Vaccine Preventable Disease Modules
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Meningococcal disease (certain serogroups)
- Tick-borne Encephalitis
- Yellow Fever (Note that Yellow Fever vaccine can only be administered in a Registered Yellow Fever Centre)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
What’s not included?
Please note: This course is for travel health training and does not cover Seasonal Influenza or Covid-19. Please purchase the relevant course packages or add-on courses if you would like these included.
Basic Life support and Anaphylaxis are also available in separate courses.
We also recommend completing a comprehensive Fundamentals of Travel Health course if you are going to be delivering a travel health service. This is in line with Good Practice Guidance for Providing a Travel Health Service (RGPSG, 2020).
Please note the statement in the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners.‘ That when the practitioner is new to immunisation a period of supervised practice in addition to comprehensive training is strongly recommended.
Please note that the the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners’ states that when the practitioner is new to immunisation a period of supervised practice in addition to comprehensive training is strongly recommended.