This 2 day face-to-face travel health training course is very comprehensive and therefore covers all the core elements for health professionals wishing to deliver a travel health service. In order to do this we have developed the course in line with the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) Travel Health Competencies and the new Faculty of Travel Medicine (FTM) Travel Health Good Practice Guidelines (RCPSG).
This is this an interactive and engaging face-to-face or webinar travel health training course. Due to the complicated nature of travel health we cover a large amount of subject matter. Therefore the course includes the following modules:
- Practical provisions of running a Travel Health Service
- Professional responsibilities for health professionals working in travel health
- Completing a comprehensive Travel Health Risk Assessment
- Introduction to the ‘5T’s of Tropical Disease’ and the ‘Travel Vaccine Traffic Light’ tools.
- Choosing the correct data sources
- Vaccine preventable disease lessons on:
Diphtheria, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Japanese Encephalitis, Meningococcal Disease ACWY, Polio, Rabies, Tetanus, Tick-borne Encephalitis, Tuberculosis, Typhoid & Yellow Fever
- Non-vaccine preventable vector borne diseases
- Food and water precautions and other disease risks
- Other risk to the traveller
- Special risk groups
- Malaria Risk Assessment using the ABCD approach
What do I have to do in preparation for the virtual course?
This course is made up of two elements, the virtual two days and the online element.
The online element you can find in ‘My Courses’ on this platform. Feel free to start any of these courses prior to your face-to-face training:
- The Fundamentals of Travel Health
- The 5 Ts of Tropical Disease
- The Travel Vaccine Traffic Light
To access the virtual training delivered on Zoom, please click on the image below:
On the next lesson, you will find a comprehensive list of different resources that will be referred to in the face-to-face course. These are here for your convenience to refer back to, no need to study up on these prior to the course.
At the end of the face-to-face element of the training you will be provided with a code by the trainer. All you need to do is enter that code in the certificate lesson on this course and your certificate will be generated.