Welcome to the Travel Health Update course provided by Health Academy. This is a one day face-to-face travel health update course covering all the recent travel health updates including those in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. It also counts as an immunisation update in line with National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (PHE & RCN). This is a blended course with an e-learning element as well as face-to-face.
This is an interactive and engaging blended travel health update course. With a face-to-face or webinar element as well as an e-learning element which includes immunisation update training core modules. Therefore the following modules are included:
- Updates relating to travel health diseases
- Updates relating to international travel regulations
- Good Practice Guidance for Delivering a Travel Health Service (FTM, RCPSG)
- Travel health and COVID-19
- Using the ‘5T’s of Tropical Disease’ and the ‘Travel Vaccine Traffic Light’ tools.
- Refresher & common myths in travel health
- Q&A session for problems encountered in practice
E-learning element – Annual Immunisation Update
- Current issues in immunisation
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable disease
- Changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Update on vaccine ordering, storage and administration
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Review of current practice, recent vaccine incidents and identification of areas for improvement
What do I have to do in preparation for the virtual course?
This course is made up of two elements, the virtual training day and the online lessons.
The online courses are available in the ‘My Courses’ section.
To access the virtual element delivered by Zoom, please click on the image below:
At the end of the face-to-face element of the training you will be provided with a code by the trainer. All you need to do is enter that code in the certificate lesson on this course and your certificate will be generated.