This element will require you to submit a video demonstrating the correct technique for the following clinical skills:
- Reconstitution of a vaccine
- adding a diluent to a vial and simulating the mixing of the diluent and powder,
- drawing up the vaccine from the vial
- preparing the vaccine prior to administration ensuring that the correct needles are used throughout
- Administration of an intramuscular injection – demonstration of the correct technique
- Administration of a subcutaneous injection – demonstration of the correct technique
When submitting your videos, please follow the procedure below:
- At the start of the video please say your full name, show your face on screen and show your ID
- Each element can either be filmed separately and each video submitted. Alternatively, all skills can be demonstrated one after the other in one video.
- Prior to filming yourself complete the clinical skills, ensure you have practiced multiple times and that you are confident with your technique.
- Please ensure the camera is placed so that the technique being demonstrated is visible and not obstructed by your hands.
In order to demonstrate the clinical skills, you will require access to the following equipment:
- Blue & Green needles
- Sharps container
- Vaccine training pad or suitable training muscle
- Vaccine vials
If you do not have access to the training pad or vials, click on the images to access low cost options. All other equipment should be available in your practice areas.