This is 1/2 day Annual Immunisation Update 2022 virtual training course with has been developed in line with the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners‘ – PHE.
So who is it suitable for?
Above all, clinicians administering vaccines should undertake annual immunisation training to ensure they stay up to date in their practice. This course is therefore suitable for Occupational Health Clinicians, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists, Healthcare Support Workers, or any other Healthcare Professionals administering vaccines.
So what’s included in this 1/2 day Annual Immunisation Update 2022 virtual course?
Firstly, this is an interactive, engaging, and comprehensive virtual 1/2 day course. We have therefore included all of the annual update modules recommended in the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (PHE) document.
Who is the trainer?
Annual Immunisation Update – Core Modules
- Current issues in immunisation
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable disease
- Any changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Update on vaccine ordering, storage and administration
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Review of current practice, recent vaccine incidents and
identification of areas for improvement
- Q&A session for problems encountered in practice
Vaccine Preventable Diseases
We have also include any update information on the the full set of vaccine products available for the National Childhood and Adult Schedule in the UK.
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
- Hepatitis B
- Human papillomavirus – HPV (certain serotypes)
- Meningococcal disease (certain serogroups)
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Pneumococcal disease (certain serotypes)
- Seasonal Influenza
So what’s NOT included in this Annual Immunisation Update virtual training course?
Are there any other considerations with immunisation training?