This Medication Awareness Training for schools course is specifically targeted at adults working in the education sector. It provides an overview of how to care for a child with medical needs; the legal responsibilities involved; and how to deliver, store, and dispose of medication and effectively manage dosing by various health and safety rules.
- Learn the legal responsibilities for school governors to teaching staff and parents
- Learn how to look after children who self medicate, how to handle an emergency situation and covertly administer medication
- Learn how to read pharmacist’s labels, how to deliver, store and dispose of medication
This training course is broken down into 4 sections
- The Law and School Policy
- Handling and Administrating Medication
- Managing Medical Needs