This 2 day New Immunisers virtual training course for for Registered Healthcare Professionals (RHCPs) which includes UK Childhood & Adult Schedule vaccines has been developed in line with the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners‘ – PHE.
Includes Adult & Paediatric BLS online courses (£38.00) AND our Anaphylaxis online course (£19.00) ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Virtual course which runs each day from 10.00 – 16.00 (UK)
So who is it suitable for?
All RHCPs administering vaccines should undertake foundation immunisation training as per national guidelines. The course is therefore suitable for any Registered Healthcare Professionals (RHCPs) who are new to immunising.
So what’s included in this 2 day New to Immunising virtual course?
Firstly, this is an interactive, engaging, and comprehensive virtual 2 day course. We have included all of the Foundation Immunisation Training modules recommended in the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (PHE) document.
Foundations of Immunisation – Core Modules
- The aims of immunisation, national vaccine policy and schedules
- The immune response to vaccines and how vaccines work
- The different types of vaccines, their composition and the indications and contraindications
- Current issues in immunisation
- Any changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Communicating with patients, parents and carers about vaccines
- Legal issues in immunisation
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Anaphylaxis and adverse reactions
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for optimising immunisation uptake
Vaccine Preventable Diseases
We have also include any update information on the the full set of vaccine products available for the National Childhood and Adult Schedule in the UK.
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
- Hepatitis B
- Human papillomavirus – HPV (certain serotypes)
- Meningococcal disease (certain serogroups)
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Pneumococcal disease (certain serotypes)
So what’s NOT included in this Annual Immunisation Update virtual training course?
Are there any other considerations with immunisation training?
Please also note that Public Health England recommend a period of supervised practice in addition to comprehensive foundations of immunisation training for new immunisers (PHE). Because this course does not include a practical element for immunisation technique, you and your supervisor will need to ensure that you have been assessed as competent in these practical skills before you are able to vaccinate alone. As per Resus Council UK guidelines you should also be practically assessed as competent in Basis Life Support. Health Academy have video assessment options for practical assessment of these skills.