This 1 day face-to-face travel health update course covers all the recent travel health updates including those in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. It also counts as an immunisation update in line with National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (PHE & RCN). This is a blended course with an e-learning element as well as face-to-face.
***Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic this course is running as virtual/webinar course until further notice.***
Who is it suitable for?
Due to the growing field of travel health, this course is suitable for practice nurses, pharmacists, occupational health clinicians, and any other healthcare professionals wishing to update their travel health knowledge and immunisation training.
This is an interactive and engaging blended travel health update course. With a face-to-face or webinar element as well as an e-learning element which includes immunisation update training core modules. Therefore the following modules are included:
- Updates relating to travel health diseases
- Updates relating to international travel regulations
- Good Practice Guidance for Delivering a Travel Health Service (FTM, RCPSG)
- Travel health and COVID-19
- Using the ‘5T’s of Tropical Disease’ and the ‘Travel Vaccine Traffic Light’ tools.
- Refresher & common myths in travel health
- Q&A session for problems encountered in practice
- Current issues in immunisation
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable disease
- Changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Update on vaccine ordering, storage and administration
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Review of current practice, recent vaccine incidents and identification of areas for improvement
What’s not included?
Because this course is a travel health update it does not cover Seasonal Influenza, Covid-19, or other UK immunisation schedule vaccines. However, the relevant course packages or add-on courses can be purchased from Health Academy.
Basic Life support and Anaphylaxis are also available in separate courses.
In order for beginners to have a comprehensive understanding of travel health we recommend either our Fundamentals of Travel Health online course or our Introduction to Travel Health face-to-face course.
Please note the statement in the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners. (PHE). ‘ That when the practitioner is new to immunisation a period of supervised practice in addition to comprehensive training is strongly recommended.