All clinicians administering vaccines should undertake annual update training. Our annual update has been developed in line with the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners’ – Public Health England.
The initial ‘core modules’ section of this interactive and engaging course explores all of the day to day issues arising from running a vaccination service, followed by individual lessons on each of the vaccine preventable diseases and corresponding vaccines available on private travel health services, but not NHS funded travel vaccines.
Please note: This course does not cover Seasonal Influenza – please purchase our Seasonal Influenza add on course if you would like Seasonal Influenza in addition.
This training is suitable for Practice Nurses, Pharmacists, GPs and any Registered Healthcare Professionals administering private travel vaccines.
- Current issues in immunisation
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable disease
- Any changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Update on vaccine ordering, storage and administration
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Review of current practice, recent vaccine incidents and
identification of areas for improvement
- Q&A session for problems encountered in practice
Vaccine Preventable Disease Modules
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Meningococcal disease (certain serogroups)
- Tick-borne Encephalitis
- Yellow Fever (Note that Yellow Fever vaccine can only be administered in a Registered Yellow Fever Centre)