This online DoLS Training explains what needs to be done before a deprivation of liberty can be authorised. It has been designed to be used by anyone who cares for someone who may lack the mental capacity to make decisions for themselves.
- Understand the importance of keeping records in relation to DoLS
- Understand what deprivation of liberty means and who it affects
- Understand both types of authorisation procedures
This training course is broken down into 4 sections
- What is Deprivation of Liberty?
- Authorising a Deprivation of Liberty
- The Safeguards
- The Importance of Record Keeping