Welcome to this hepatitis B vaccine course which discusses travel and occupation health risk and provides clinicians with specific information relating to the full range of vaccines available in the UK.
So who is this hepatitis B vaccine short course suitable for?
This course is suitable for any experienced vaccinators who’s role will involve administering hepatitis B containing vaccines. This could include occupational health nurses, practice nurses, pharmacists or any healthcare professional, or healthcare support worker administering vaccines.
What have we included in this short course?
We have designed the vaccine short courses to cover all the key information for understanding the fundamentals of the disease, and the available vaccines. This course includes both injectable and oral hepatitis B vaccines. You should complete the course in approximately 60 minutes.
- Introduction to diseases transmitted direct from person to person
- The 5 Ts of hepatitis B: Type – Type of organism and type of disease, Transmission route – How does the traveller become infected, Treatment & prevention – What treatments and preventative measures are available pre and post infection, Traveller’s Risk – What factors increase a traveller’s risk & Take home message – Key message for the traveller
- Occupational Risks for Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B Vaccines, and
- Hepatitis B immunity testing
So what’s not included?
Please note: This is a stand alone Hep B course.
Basic Life support and Anaphylaxis are also available in separate courses.
We also recommend completing a comprehensive Fundamentals of Travel Health course if you are going to be delivering a travel health service. This is in line with Good Practice Guidance for Providing a Travel Health Service (RGPSG, 2020).
Further travel health related short courses are also available here.