This fully interactive and engaging online travel health update and refresher course will provide any experienced travel health clinician a comprehensive update and/or a good refresher of regular travel health information and practice.
Who is it suitable for?
Due to the growing field of travel health, this course is suitable for practice nurses, travel health nurses, pharmacists, occupational health clinicians, GPs, and any other healthcare professionals who deliver a travel health service.
So what’s included?
This is this an interactive and engaging online travel health training course. Due to the complicated nature of travel health we cover a large amount of subject matter. As well as covering all the
- Introduction the Travel Health Update & Refresher Course
- Resources in Travel Health
- The big changes in travel health over the past few years
- Introduction to the ‘5T’s of Tropical Disease’ and the ‘Travel Vaccine Traffic Light’ tools.
- Recent updates and outbreaks in travel health
- Vaccine preventable diseases refresher including:
- Diphtheria, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Japanese Encephalitis, Meningococcal Disease ACWY, Polio, Rabies, Tetanus, Tick-borne Encephalitis, Tuberculosis, Typhoid & Yellow Fever
- Malaria risk update and refresher
- Myths in travel health
- Travel health case studies
Following many years of travel clinic and teaching experience, we have designed this course to help experienced clinicians quickly update their travel health knowledge. We have also included a number of practical tips to avoid common misconceptions.
We provide references and links to resources throughout the training to allow delegates to access original sources of information for further reading and to keep up to date after the course.
What’s not included?
Because this course is for travel health training it does not cover Foundations of Immunisation training, Seasonal Influenza, Covid-19, or other UK immunisation schedule vaccines. However, the relevant course packages or add-on courses can be purchased from Health Academy.
It is important for all clinicians who are new to Travel Health to undergo full foundation travel health training as well as supervised practice in their workplace. We therefore direct you to the ‘Competency Assessment Tool for Travel Health Practitioners’ which can be found in the Travel Health Good Practice Guidelines (RCPSG) for more details.
CPD Hours – 7