This is an online Annual Immunisation Update training course with written assessment and includes our UK schedule childhood and adult vaccinations course. Importantly, it has been developed in line with the ‘National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners‘ – PHE.
So who is it suitable for?
Above all, clinicians administering vaccines should undertake annual immunisation training to ensure they stay up to date in their practice. This course is therefore suitable for Occupational Health Clinicians, Immunisation Nurses, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists and any Healthcare Professionals administering vaccines.
So what’s included in this Annual Immunisation Update online training course?
Firstly, this is an interactive, engaging, and comprehensive online course. We have therefore included all of the annual update modules recommended in the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (PHE) document.
Annual Immunisation Update – Core Modules
- Current issues in immunisation
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable disease
- Any changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
- Update on vaccine ordering, storage and administration
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Review of current practice, recent vaccine incidents and
identification of areas for improvement
- Q&A session for problems encountered in practice
UK Immunisation Schedule vaccines modules:
- Includes Diphtheria, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), Hepatitis B, Human papillomavirus – HPV (certain serotypes), Measles, Meningococcal disease (certain serogroups), Mumps, Pertussis (whooping cough), Pneumococcal disease (certain serotypes), Polio, Rotavirus, Rubella, Shingles, Tetanus
Additional Vaccine Preventable Disease Options (firstly browse the headings below then choose from the add on options above)
Flu vaccines option:
- Includes All flu vaccines available in the UK
- Introduction to Seasonal Influenza
- The nature of Flu
- The UK Annual Flu Programme 2021/22
- Simple summaries
Covid-19 vaccine option:
- Includes all Covid-19 vaccines available in the UK
- Introduction to COVID-19
- The nature of COVID-19
- The UK COVID-19 vaccination programme
NHS Travel vaccines option:
- Includes Cholera, Diphtheria, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid
Fundamentals of Travel Health option: Incredible value for money!
This option includes our Fundamentals of Travel Health course which will provide any clinician new the field of travel health a solid foundation to practice clinically. All of the private and nhs travel vaccines modules are included:
- Cholera, Diphtheria, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid
- Hepatitis B, Japanese Encephalitis, Meningococcal disease (certain serogroups), Rabies, Tick-borne Encephalitis, Tuberculosis, Yellow Fever (Note that Yellow Fever vaccine can only be administered in a Registered Yellow Fever Centre)
Modules also included in this option are:
- Practical provisions of running a Travel Health Service
- Professional responsibilities for health professionals working in travel health
- How to complete a comprehensive Travel Health Risk Assessment
- Introduction to the ‘5T’s of Tropical Disease’ and the ‘Travel Vaccine Traffic Light’ tools.
- Choosing reliable data sources
- Travellers’ diarrhorea & food and water precautions
- vector-borne diseases
- diseases spread by human contact
- diseases and hazards in the environment
- Managing pre-existing conditions
- Special risk groups
- Malaria Risk Assessment and advice using the ABCD approach
- This Annual Immunisation Update course is online therefore assessment is a written multiple choice assessment.
So what’s NOT included in this Annual Immunisation Update online training course?
This is not an introduction to travel health course therefore if you want to start delivering a travel health service we recommend completing our comprehensive Fundamentals of Travel Health. This is also in line with Good Practice Guidance for Providing a Travel Health Service (RGPSG, 2020).If you are looking for a virtual classroom option click here