Health Academy are pleased to offer a blended solution for experienced vaccinating healthcare professionals wishing to update their knowledge and skills. Includes UK Childhood & Adult Schedule vaccines. The course is combined of a 1/2 day practical face-to-face vaccination skills workshop and an online course covering the UK schedule childhood and adult vaccines. This combination has been designed in line with the National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training- PHE.
Who are these face-to-face vaccination skills workshops suitable for?
These face-to-face workshops are suitable for any Registered Healthcare Professional who has experience of immunising and wishes to update or refresh their immunisation skills.
So what modules have we included in the training?
This combination has been designed in line with the National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training.
Face to face session:
- Injection technique (IM & SC) practical session
- Basic Life Support practical session
- Management of anaphylaxis and use of adrenaline
- Current issues in immunisation
- Changes to vaccine recommendations, national policy or legislation
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable diseases
Online course modules:
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
- Hepatitis B
- Human papillomavirus – HPV (certain serotypes)
- Meningococcal disease (certain serogroups)
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Pneumococcal disease (certain serotypes)
How long do the face-to-face workshops last?
We have scheduled AM and PM sessions. The sessions will run for 3.5hrs, either starting at 9.00am or 1.30pm depending on which course you select.
Session times are:
- Morning: 9.00 – 12.30
- Afternoon: 13.30 – 17.00
Where are the venues for the workshops?
So what’s NOT included in this Annual Immunisation Update blended training course?
Are there any other considerations with immunisation training?